Sorry for my absence from my blog. I promise to be better and to stay on track. Here are a few updates:
- June – I taught a two-week enrichment course to children in second-fourth grade. We made puppets, masks, scenery, rehearsed, and performed “Where the Wild Things Are.”
- June – I took a week-long intensive puppet making workshop at the Owl Glass Puppetry Center in West Liberty. Monica Leo is the best!
- August – performed a Batman puppet show at Eliott’s five year old Batman birthday party.
- September – Started two new jobs. Supervising art education student teachers as a graduate assistant and teaching elementary art at a private school.
- September – performed “Bony Legs” at the Children’s Festival in West Liberty.
Goals for the new school year:
- Have fun and make time to make art and work on puppetry.
- Make more art with my kiddos.
- Try to book a performance every month or two.
- Survive teaching elementary art!
- Paint the tree house – we have already stained it.
- Finish my master’s thesis on puppetry arts and education.
- Make an art studio in the basement – get rid of junk in the basement.
- Do a puppetry workshop or performance at Eliott’s school.
- Work on some pieces related to “Bony Legs”/fairy tales for the Art Ed. Graduate Show.
- Spend more time crafting with my Crafternoon sisters.
Whew! That’s a list. We’ll see what I get through. . .